CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Faith

We all have faith of one sort or another. But how far does that faith go? I have faith that my car will start tomorrow to get me to work, but the car could let me down and then it could be said that my faith has let me down or even failed me.

So is my faith misplaced if it can let me down? We all have to deal with this issue of faith on a daily basis - and it could be said that we are all let down on a daily basis.
So if faith in things and people that fail is misplaced, then where should it be placed? Surely we are actually talking about trust and not faith, as faith will always come through, or else it was misguided and without merit.
Faith placed in things that can let us down is surely absurd. So while we may trust in things and people, to have faith in them is asking too much, as all things on this earth are fallible, i.e. all things and people on this earth are capable of breaking down.

Faith surely must always be in something that goes beyond what we attribute to trust. Faith must be the truth or it is nothing.

0 comments: