CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 24 April 2007

Prejudice

I was walking in Cardiff last night, and wherever I walked, people either avoided me, became silent as I approached, talked and laughed about me after I went by, or looked intimidated or even scared, and what did I do to invoke such feeling?
I wore, black shoes, black trousers and a white shirt, an innocuous set of items, but wait. Just add two more items, a full length, matrix style coat and a black Aussie hat and that was enough. I had now become the most dangerous being on the face of the planet........... An individual!
It would seem that unless we fit in, conform, and become clone-like, in some strange ritualistic club, then we are labelled trouble or weird or worse! All this just for dressing differently. Disagreement, and difference it would seem, is enough to incite the strongest feelings and as witnessed throughout the world, quite often enough to incite war

0 comments: